Sunday, November 26, 2017

What is Gary Blackwood reading?

Featured at Writers Read: Gary Blackwood, author of Bucket's List.

His entry begins:
I’m convinced that, in most cases, whether or not a particular book or a particular author speaks to us depends on how willing we are to listen.  In real life, of course, we tend to seek out people whose opinions and outlooks coincide with ours.  But in the case of books, though obviously it’s important what an author says, I think how he or she says it is just as important.  The truth is, I generally spend a lot more time with authors than I do with any of my flesh and blood friends, so I like them to be good company.

D. E. Stevenson is delightful company.  I discovered her only within the last year or so, when I stumbled upon a reissue of the charming Miss Buncle’s Book.  I’ve been seeking her out ever since, most recently between the covers of her WWII-era saga, Amberwell.  Though Stevenson ...[read on]
About Bucket's List, from the publisher:
Introducing private investigator Charley Field, the true-life inspiration behind Charles Dickens' Inspector Bucket, in an http://severnhouse.com/author/Gary+Blackwood/9664intriguing new Victorian mystery series.

1853. When the body of a prostitute is found in Hyde Park, veteran sleuth Charley Field is disinclined to believe the official verdict of suicide. Convinced the woman was murdered, he determines to track down the mysterious client who visited her the day she died. But there is more to this murder than even Charley could have imagined.
Learn more about Bucket's List.

My Book, The Movie: Bucket's List.

The Page 69 Test: Bucket's List.

Writers Read: Gary Blackwood.

--Marshal Zeringue