Friday, September 08, 2017

Robin Merrow MacCready's "A Lie For A Lie," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: A Lie for a Lie by Robin Merrow MacCready.

The entry begins:
I see my books in vivid scenes, like a film, and they serve as my guides while I write, so this was a fun exercise. Also, music sets the mood, so think Led Zeppelin for the island scenes since it plays a part in the book.

First off, the setting for A Lie For A Lie is an important character and the Maine Coast is the star; think rocky coves and points jutting into the ocean, sandy beaches, and squawking seagulls. The island that inspired this story was a real location when I was a teen, but it's barely there now, due to the storms and high tides that have eroded it down to a rocky strip barely walkable at low tide.

Kendra, the main character in A Lie For A Lie, is a teen that survived a scary boat accident. She’s close to breaking out of her protective shell, so an actress that can play both lows and highs is important. I like Hailee Steinfeld for Kendra. She’s smart and sensitive and I loved her in The Edge of Seventeen.

Bo is one of Kendra’s childhood friends. I saw Bo as...[read on]
Visit Robin Merrow MacCready's website.

My Book, The Movie: A Lie for a Lie.

--Marshal Zeringue