Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Cathy Ace's "The Corpse with the Ruby Lips," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Corpse with the Ruby Lips by Cathy Ace.

The entry begins:
When I began writing the character of Cait Morgan I have to admit I didn’t model her on any Hollywood actresses, because I wanted her to be a “real-sized” middle-aged woman…and there aren’t a lot of them on our screens. Cait was born and raised in Wales and is thoroughly Welsh in every respect, despite the fact she’s been living in Canada for more than a decade. I’ve never heard a convincing Welsh accent from a non-Welsh person, so I’m going to hope Catherine Zeta Jones (who’s from the same place in Wales as me – and Cait – the wonderful city of Swansea) is prepared to pile on the pounds (Cait’s 180lbs – give or take ten pounds or so) and take the part. Hey - with all that extra weight and her fabulous acting abilities she might stand a chance of winning another Oscar!

Casting Bud Anderson is an easier job, because I did, in fact, have an actor’s face in mind when I was writing the...[read on]
Visit Cathy Ace's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: The Corpse with the Ruby Lips.

--Marshal Zeringue