Monday, October 31, 2016

Martha Freeman's "Strudel's Forever Home," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Strudel's Forever Home by Martha Freeman.

The entry begins:
Strudel’s Forever Home has a tale within the tale. (Both are about dogs, so each tale also has a tail… but never mind.) The principal plot concerns a boy, Jake, who reads to a dog named Strudel at a shelter, then eventually adopts him. The book he reads is Chief, Dog of the Old West. Listening to the stories, Strudel, a dachshund in the big city, aspires to be Chief, a German shepherd on the lone prairie. Results for Strudel are mixed.

Anyway, I never really saw any big stars playing the parts of Jake or his family. While I did just cast Matthew McConaughey in the MS I’m working on now, that was unusual. I rarely think of my characters in Hollywood terms. With the “Chief” story being larger-than-life, though, I definitely had old westerns in mind. I see...[read on]
Visit Martha Freeman's website.

My Book, The Movie: Strudel's Forever Home.

--Marshal Zeringue