Saturday, July 09, 2016

Kelly Oliver's "Wolf," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Wolf by Kelly Oliver.

The entry begins:
I’m a big fan of Hollywood blockbusters. And, I’ve written several nonfiction books about film. When I wrote my first novel, Wolf, I thought a lot about its cinematic quality. It’s a dialogue and action driven novel with strong characters. The titular character of the mystery series is Jessica James, the cowgirl philosopher who with more wit than grace finds herself in the middle of art scams, murder plots, mafia revenge, rape conspiracies, and high-stakes poker games. Tripping over her own feet, but not over her sharp tongue, she stumbles upon the murderer in the nick of time. I could imagine Jessica being played by Jennifer Lawrence, who is known in real life for her smart-mouth and falling on the stairs.

Jessica James has a kickass best friend, Lolita Durchenko, who is a black-belt in karate and known around Chicago as the “poker Tsarina” for her high-stakes games. Because I loved...[read on]
To learn more about Oliver or The Jessica James Mysteries, visit Kelly Oliver's website.

My Book, The Movie: Wolf.

--Marshal Zeringue