Saturday, October 10, 2015

Ten of the best LGBT sex scenes in literature

Kirsty Logan is a writer of fiction and journalism. Her books are The Gracekeepers and The Rental Heart & Other Fairytales. One of her ten best LGBT sex scenes in literature, as shared at the Guardian:
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters

If you’re looking for a lesbian love story primer, Sarah Waters is top of the list. Not only are her books compelling and perfectly crafted, the relationships are some of the best I’ve ever read. Her debut, Tipping the Velvet, has some seriously hot scenes – the infamous leather dildo scene is a classic. But for me it has to be Fingersmith, which I devoured one Christmas holiday, bundled up on my ex-girlfriend’s couch, sustained with tea and toast. Who could forget that scene with Sue and Maud? Just the phrase “you pearl” makes me go weak at the knees.
Read about another entry on the list.

--Marshal Zeringue