Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Lee Robinson's "Lawyer for the Dog," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Lawyer for the Dog by Lee Robinson.

The entry begins:
There was a movie playing in my head while I wrote this book. (I go to movies all the time. I’m a movie nut. I’ll watch almost anything. If the movie’s really good, I learn something about dialogue, pacing, scene-setting. If it’s really bad, I learn something about what not to do.) Sally Baynard, the main character and narrator of Lawyer for the Dog, is almost-fifty, single, a smart and spunky lawyer. Sandra Bullock has the right combination of emotional depth, tenderness and toughness for this role. And if not Sandra, Julianne Moore. Sally’s mother, Margaret, is near eighty, a southern-belle-wannabe who’s in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, but she’s still got plenty to teach her daughter. What about Ellen...[read on]
Visit Lee Robinson's website.

My Book, The Movie: Lawyer for the Dog.

--Marshal Zeringue