Thursday, March 26, 2015

Jeannette de Beauvoir's "Asylum," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: Asylum by Jeannette de Beauvoir.

The entry begins:
This is really difficult, as I don't work with visuals much, at least in terms of people. (I do it far more with places: in this series, for example, it's important to me to give readers a real sense of the neighborhoods and ambiance of Montréal.) I guess I'd be drawn to a Diane Lane sort of actor: someone who comes across as fairly ordinary but finds resources inside herself that she didn't know about. The same could be said for Kristin Scott Thomas. And I realize that in mentioning both those names I'm rather dating myself! Okay: if Michelle...[read on]
Visit Jeannette de Beauvoir's website.

Writers Read: Jeannette de Beauvoir.

My Book, The Movie: Asylum.

--Marshal Zeringue