Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Elisabeth Gifford's "The Sea House," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: The Sea House by Elisabeth Gifford.

The entry begins:
Like many novelists I did have a flurry of excitement when a couple of production companies were considering making The Sea House into a film. As yet no offers but it did make me daydream about who might play the lead roles. For Alexander, Ben Whishaw who played Q in Skyfall. He has just the right mix of vulnerability and intensity to play a newly ordained Victorian minister, struggling to live up to his ideals and fighting against the idea of grace- or undeserved love.

Katriona, daughter of the castle, I have always seen as Carrie Mulligan, with her impish youth and spark. Combine her in scenes with Ben Whishaw as the young Alexander, alone on the island, and I think something is going to melt.

That is until the maid to the church manse comes in, with her tatty dress, red hair and ardent love for Alexander. Always setting the cat among the pigeons, I think Moira would look like...[read on]
Visit Elisabeth Gifford's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Sea House.

My Book, The Movie: The Sea House.

--Marshal Zeringue