Sunday, February 16, 2014

James L. Cambias's "A Darkling Sea," the movie

Featured at My Book, The Movie: A Darkling Sea by James L. Cambias.

The entry begins:
A Darkling Sea is probably the most unfilmable story ever told. Most of the action takes place in the dark, and half the characters are giant lobsters without facial expression who communicate with sonar images.

That being said, if James Cameron were to call me up and say "Unfilmable? I take that as a challenge! We're making the best damned giant alien lobster movie ever! It'll have an hour of black screen with no sound but clicks and pings. It's surefire Oscar bait!" . . . well, then this is the cast I'd request.

The Humans:

Alicia Neogri: She needs an actress who can be geeky and obsessive, but also a romantic pairing for Rob Freeman, so I'll pick Natalie Portman.

Henri Kerlerec: He's a brash, self-promoting French archaeologist....[read on]
Visit James L. Cambias's website.

My Book, The Movie: A Darkling Sea.

--Marshal Zeringue