Monday, August 12, 2013

Jessica Spotswood's "Star Cursed," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood.

The entry begins:
It's so fun to imagine who would play my characters in a movie! While I was writing Star Cursed, I created a Cahill Witch Inspiration pinboard which features pretty Victorian dresses, snippets of settings, quotes that inspire me, and lots of pictures of actors and models who capture some bit of my characters.

For Tess, the littlest Cahill sister, who is a terribly clever, observant, powerful young witch - I'd choose Elle Fanning. She did a spread for Teen Vogue a few years ago in which she looks so perfectly, perfectly like Tess that I gasped when I saw this picture! The braids, the pale blonde hair and gray eyes, the sweet-solemn face are all so Tess.

For Maura, the middle Cahill sister - the stubborn, romantic, impetuous one - I'd choose...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Jessica Spotswood's website.

My Book, The Movie: Star Cursed.

--Marshal Zeringue