Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ben Greenman's "The Slippage," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: The Slippage by Ben Greenman.

His entry begins:
When I was writing The Slippage, it occurred to me that it could be a movie. When I imagined that happening, though, it wasn't in a movie theater—it was on TV, long after the movie first existed. I was older and I was watching it with people who I think may have been nieces and nephews, maybe even some of my children, but they were older too. Whatever the case, it was definitely the future. Because of that, I...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Ben Greenman's website.

Greenman is an editor at The New Yorker and the author of several other acclaimed books of fiction, including Superbad, Superworse, and A Circle is a Balloon and Compass Both: Stories About Human Love.

The Page 99 Test: A Circle Is a Balloon and Compass Both.

Writers Read: Ben Greenman.

The Page 69 Test: The Slippage.

My Book, The Movie: The Slippage.

--Marshal Zeringue