Saturday, October 13, 2012

Kevin Mattson's "Just Plain Dick," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Just Plain Dick: Richard Nixon's Checkers Speech and the "Rocking, Socking" Election of 1952 by Kevin Mattson.

The entry begins:
My tastes run to the experimental in film, so I’m not really familiar with my choice among Hollywood stars. But this I know: The Checkers Speech is not only the subject of my own book, Just Plain Dick, it is a play that will be coming to New York City soon, according to the New York Times. Anthony...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Kevin Mattson's website and blog.

Mattson is Connor Study Professor of Contemporary History at Ohio University and serves as a faculty associate of the Contemporary History Institute. His other books include "What the Heck Are You Up To, Mr. President?": Jimmy Carter, America's "Malaise," and the Speech that Should Have Changed the Country.

The Page 99 Test: 'What the Heck Are You Up To, Mr. President?'.

The Page 99 Test: Just Plain Dick.

My Book, The Movie: Just Plain Dick.

--Marshal Zeringue