Friday, August 05, 2011

Leslie Daniels' "Cleaning Nabokov's House," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Cleaning Nabokov's House by Leslie Daniels.

The entry begins:
AAAhhhh you are asking me to casturbate in public! Yikes. OK, I think that the lead actress must be able to be funny, not in a light amusing way, darkly funny, the kind of woman who would make a joke out of anything; humor is her defense. She must also look plausibly down and out. So many of American movie stars are so polished it is hard to believe their lives as anything but enviable. The relationship between the two women would be very fun to act, like Julie & Julia. I think the pairing is key, and one must be older. I could see Susan Sarandon as the agent and Laura Linney as the protagonist. They are both wildly smart and independent, which is a key trait. The guy could be any number of actors, but I happen to love...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Leslie Daniels's website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: Cleaning Nabokov's House.

Writers Read: Leslie Daniels.

My Book, The Movie: Cleaning Nabokov's House.

--Marshal Zeringue