Monday, November 22, 2010

Keith Raffel's "Smasher," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Smasher by Keith Raffel.

The entry begins:
A pair of award-winning scriptwriters have picked up an option on my Smasher: A Silicon Valley Thriller. I do know the chances of actually seeing it on the screen at the cineplex are about the same as a Wall Street banker turning down her bonus. Still, like Willy Loman, a man "is got to dream." So humor me, will you, and play along?

Who should play the protoganist Ian Michaels? He's 37 or so, about six feet tall, dark hair. He's a Silicon Valley workaholic and a pretty good runner. Here are some candidates my kids and wife came up with.

Chris O'Donnell? Kind of a pretty boy. I don't think so.

My kids are big fans of the show Chuck and are plumping hard for its star Zachary Levi. He plays a klutzy spy on the show, but my wife is convinced he’s the guy.

Leo DiCaprio? Well, he...[read on]
Read an excerpt from Smasher, and learn more about the book and author at Keith Raffel's website and blog.

My Book, The Movie: Smasher.

--Marshal Zeringue