Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nic Pizzolatto's "Galveston," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Galveston by Nic Pizzolatto.

The entry opens:
We've sold the movie option to a production company that's very enthusiastic about the work, so hopefully a movie will go forward. In my fanboy imagination, though, I suppose I'd fantasy cast something like this: Sam Peckinpah circa 1972 to direct. I of course would write the script. Starring Nick Nolte circa 1985 as Roy (I'd also take Warren Oates,'76), Natalie Portman circa 2002 as Rocky, Harvey Keitel as Sam Ptiko, Annabella Sciorra as Loraine, and, uh, Marisa Tomei as Carmen. Sure, why not.

Obviously Roy and Rocky are the two big roles, and you need a brutish, atavistic man to play Roy, an old-school tough guy possessing range, with a...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Nic Pizzolatto's website.

Writers Read: Nic Pizzolatto.

The Page 69 Test: Galveston.

My Book, The Movie: Galveston.

--Marshal Zeringue