Friday, September 18, 2009

What is Carola Dunn reading?

The current featured contributor at Writers Read: Carola Dunn, author of fifty-plus novels including Manna from Hades and Sheer Folly.

Her entry begins:
At present I have a great pile of library books, mostly published in the 1920s. You can find out why at Poe's Deadly Daughters, where I blog about the difficulty of changing periods, having just finished writing a book set in the 1960s (sequel to Manna from Hades) and being about to start another set in the 1920s (19th in the Daisy Dalrymple series: the 18th, Sheer Folly, is just out).

Among my library finds:

John Buchan, The Dancing Floor. This is one I haven't read, by the author of the famous Thirty-Nine Steps. I own and enjoy rereading that as well as The Three Hostages, Greenmantle and a couple of others, all great adventure stories. I'm interested to find out what goes on...[read on]
Visit Carola Dunn's website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: Black Ship.

The Page 69 Test: Manna from Hades.

Writers Read: Carola Dunn.

--Marshal Zeringue