Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Shirley Wells' "Into the Shadows," the movie

Now showing at My Book, The Movie: Into the Shadows by Shirley Wells.

The entry starts:
What a terrific blog! Let’s face it, all authors dream of having their books made into movies and it’s fascinating to see all those dreams in print.

When thinking of casting stars for my own movie, I’m reminded of when Jimmy McGovern, without doubt the most important script writer in the UK, started writing the Cracker series. It’s common knowledge that McGovern pictured Fitz as a thin, wiry man. The original choice for the role of Fitz was Robert Lindsay but, when he turned it down, they considered Robbie Coltrane, better known at that time for his comedy work. Thin and wiry Coltrane isn’t. In fact, he’s the size of a small country. Yet Coltrane made that role his own. Who can imagine anyone else playing Fitz?

My crime novels are set in the beautiful Rossendale area of Lancashire in the UK and have a cosier feel than anything Jimmy McGovern would pen. Nevertheless,I would want no one less working on the script. (This is just a dream, right?)

As I’m currently working on the fourth book in the series, the two main characters, forensic psychologist Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham have been with me for quite a while. So I know everything about them. Oh, yes, they have a past, too. Whether they have a future is anyone’s guess, but there’s a lot of chemistry between them.

So who could transport them to the big screen?[read on]
Visit Shirley Wells' website and blog.

Shirley Wells lives in Lancashire, UK. Into the Shadows and A Darker Side, of the Jill Kennedy and DCI Max Trentham series, are the most recent of her numerous novels.

My Book, The Movie: Into the Shadows.

--Marshal Zeringue