Monday, June 16, 2008

What is Elizabeth Wurtzel reading?

The current featured contributor to Writers Read: Elizabeth Wurtzel, recent graduate of Yale Law School and the author of Prozac Nation: Young and Depressed in America: A Memoir, Bitch: In Praise of Difficult Women, The Secret of Life: Commonsense Advice for Uncommon Women, and More, Now, Again: A Memoir of Addiction.

Her entry begins:
I'm afraid the answer is rather depressing: I'm studying for the New York bar exam, so I am mostly reading study books on civil and criminal procedure, real property, commercial paper and all the things they don't teach at Yale Law School. YLS is, by the way, a minor cult of the Constitution in the middle of Connecticut. Wonderful place, kind of a legal encampment held together by chewing gum and toothpicks and a registrar's office, but not a lot of law taught here.

In my spare time, I am trying to read the manuscript to Love Junkie by my friend Rachel Resnick, because I want to blurb it. But I'm having a hard time getting it done. [read on]
Writers Read: Elizabeth Wurtzel.

--Marshal Zeringue