Friday, February 22, 2008

What is Marco Beltrami reading?

Marco Beltrami, nominated for an Academy Award for his score to 3:10 to Yuma, talked to the Christian Science Monitor about the music he's been listening to and the movies he's been watching.

And what he's been reading:
Lately, the main book I've been reading is what I read to the kids every night: Pinocchio. It's a long book, and quite a violent book in many ways, but a great tale for kids. Lately, for myself, I've been drawn to nonfiction works such as this book called The Adventurist, by Robert Young Pelton. He writes about places you wouldn't normally go. It appeals to my sense of adventure. A lot of my job is inside, and to be able to have that contrast is appealing to me both as an idea and as a practical form of balance.
Read more about Beltrami and music and movies.

--Marshal Zeringue